Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bye Bye Bye!

The halo is gone now as most of you already know...and since my mom already blogged on some of my progress since being home, I'll fill you all in on my time in the hospital on friday...
I got to the hospital, answered some questions and then was called back to get prepped for surgery.  I took a pregnancy test (standard procedure), and got hooked up to an IV, which the nurse missed my vein the first time :( ouch.  Then my parents were called back and as my dad walked into the room he jokingly asked, "So they already took it off huh?" Then the conversation went like this
me: "yeah i was really surprise at how fast they did everything"
dad: "oh wow you are serious? It's off already?  Wow!"
me: "yep they got my boot on and everything"
dad: "wow, thats great!"
me: "dad....."
mom: "(laughs) Todd...."
dad: "What?"
me: "I still have the halo on dad...did you really think they got me prepped and out of the O.R. in 20 minutes?"
mom and i have had several good laughs over that since friday :)
After my surgery was over and i woke up in the recovery room, they moved me into another room that was tiny and could barely fit my bed in it....the nurse then told me i 
was to get out of the bed and sit in a large leather chair in the room....(by the way i'm still only half-conscious at this point)....so the nurse not-so-carefully moves me to the chair which does not recline and hands me some orange juice to sip on while i wait for my parents to come back.  I got dressed and was on my way out in the wheelchair...still in tears from the movement that occurred between going from the chair to the wheelchair.  But hey, I survived and the halo is off and right now i'm sitting here looking mostly normal because i'm not even wearing the boot!  I have on a NORMAL pair of sweat pants and a sock on both feet!  Just one foot is a lot larger than the other..haha

The pain has subsided considerably since friday, but unfortunately yesterday i was feeling a bit nauseous and very tired 
so chris and i didnt get to do what we had planned for valentine's day...but it was still a go
od valentines day :)  He brought me some pretty roses in a cute vase, some dark chocolate lindor truffles, and a card that still makes me smile even when i've already read it a half-dozen times since last night :)  He also made notecards of how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds it has been since certain big events in our relationship and quizzed me on them over dinner at El Camino...i'm terrible at math and i only got close on one of them!  I also made him a chocolate truffle pie, which was DELICIOUS...my mouth is watering just thinking about it...mmmmm yummy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, that pie was good! :)

Jodi Bradshaw said...

All I could think of was N'Sync when I read your title so that is all that was going through my head when I read your post.

Glad the halo is gone and you had a good v-day with your man. :)

marissa finch said...

haha thats what i was going for!

~~anna~~ said...

So, a week letter and how is everything going now?