Sunday, January 11, 2009

Progress!

I found a way to get out of bed by myself!  I was so excited when I did it for the first time yesterday.  Now I just need to figure out how to get back IN bed.  I also washed my hands in the sink in the bathroom STANDING UP rather than reaching over while sitting on the toilet lid.  I did hit my big giant foot on the cabinet though :(  The dumb thing is so hard to maneuver.  Basically I'm just really happy to have SOME small sliver of independence back...and someday soon i WILL figure out how to get back in bed on my own...thats the next step...

6 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

Hurray for steps towards independence!

Margaret said...

keeping up with your progress reminds me of my sister's accident 3 years ago. She was heading home to IN from OH, going 55-60 mph, when a car heading towards her pulled out to pass a truck and hit my sister head on. On the helicopter ride to an Indianapolis hospital, they really weren't too positive she was going to live. Amazingly, the most serious injuries were here right hand, wrist and leg. She wore a halo on her entire right leg for several months. They had to rebuild her right foot and ankle with screws and plates. After leaving the hospital in Indy, they moved her to a long-term care facility in Kokomo. I forget how long she was there, but it was a many months process. Today, she is mobile, active and healthy. She still has some issues with her right leg, but overall doing well. All this to say we will continue to pray and rejoice in your progress.

Anonymous said...

her mother was very impressed with her new ability!

next step: brushing her teeth at the bathroom sink....????

JanAl said...

Thanks for keeping us informed, I love hearing from you Marissa. I am thankful for your progress.

marissa finch said...

margaret: that story is such an encouragement! I'm always worried that there will be something permanently wrong...though i know i have to give up my worries to the Lord...but it does help to hear things like that

Anonymous said...

Way to go Marissa! Watching the video I still found myself saying "ouch" but on your face it doesn't look like it hurts; so happy to see the beautiful smiles.