Sunday, January 04, 2009

Home Again

Well i am finally home after 6 days in the hospital.  Walking on my crutches is still a challenge and i only made it from the van to the porch on my first attempt at home.  Then ryan and my parents had to carry me into the house from there.  It feels like i have taken a few steps back since being home, but hopefully as i continue to recover, i will be able to overcome the obstacles that come from living in my own house, like pushing myself into a sitting position rather than pushing a button that does that for me. However, home food is sooooo much better than hospital food!  That will help me regain some strength too.  Today will be a busy and exhausting day for me.  I have to learn how to shower, then do my first cleaning of my foot/knee, then i have visitors for the rest of the day and into the night.  Hopefully all the activity will allow me to get another good nights rest tonight though.

Right now I've just been praying that God will help me see His purpose in all of this.  I know He has one.  Unfortunately, since iv'e been away at school, my relationship with Him hasn't been as strong.  I am looking forward to using my recovery time to grow my relationship with Christ and make it strong again.  

Thanks again everyone who visited, sent words of encouragement, etc. since the accident.  They have helped tremendously!

4 comments:

marilyn66 said...

Marissa, you might NOT see God's purpose in this for a very long time. When Ruth married a Jew, then he died and then her mother-in-law decided to leave Moab, she had NO CLUE about Boaz and all that would happen. And till she died and saw God face to face, she had no clue that she was in the line of the Messiah Himself!

All this to say, just know that God loves you dearly.

The Wright kids other grandma.

Grace said...

I FEEL RELY BAD ABOUT THE ACCIDENT, I WISH I COULD HELP.

GRACE

~~anna~~ said...

Marissa, I have to agree with Marilyn..you may never know this side of heaven what God's purpose is in all of this....Just use this time, as you said was your desire, to draw closer to Him and to know Him better.
Praying for you...
~anna~
in the Dominican Republic

Anonymous said...

WOW, that shower was an ordeal, eh? i was thinking i might post about it :)