Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My First Broken Bone(s)

Well as most of you already know, i was in a car accident monday night at 8pm.  My car is totaled and i suffered multiple fractures of the knee and ankle on my right leg.  Thankfully, that was the only part of my body that was seriously injured, which is truly a miracle if you had seen the condition of my car after the accident.  My full recovery should take about a year.  Some ways that you can be praying for me are:
-speedy recovery
-trying to get through next semester at school
-learning how to be mobile
-and most definitely thanking the Lord for preserving my life during what could have been a fatal accident

thanks to all who have called, visited, sent flowers/cookies/etc...they are very much appreciated and have been very helpful in boosting my morale...especially the cards from your kids charity!

9 comments:

JanAl said...

OH Marissa, I am so thankful you are OK!!! Praise God for His protection!
And, on the other hand, after I broke my first toe(only!) a couple of months ago, I can imagine what the next couple of months will be like for you. I will pray for a speedy recovery!

Margaret said...

we are most definitely praying for you along with praising God for His protection over you!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to have you home !!!!

Charity said...

We heard about 2 things for the rest of our drive yesterday: how concerned the kiddos were about you; and how great the cookies were! :D

I can imagine how hard the past couple of days have been - especially having to change your school plans for a time - but I once heard John Piper make a statement that has stuck with me: "God is always doing a thousand things that you cannot see and you do not know." I am praying that this will be an unexpectedly wonderful year for you, in spite of (maybe because of!) this change in circumstances . . .

~~anna~~ said...

Marissa,
What a joy to see that you are able to post! We have been praying for you, and will continue to do so while you recover.

Now you have to be good and follow the doctor's orders. Preparation for being a nurse, right?

Anonymous said...

charity - i like that quote! maybe because it's so true AND because there isn't anyone else i'd rather have in control of all this :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa! I am SO sorry to hear about this trial you are going through. When I was a student at Grace, my group of friends used to sing a 70's folk song that has wonderful words for times like this. I'd like to share them with you in hopes that it will be an encouragement.

Love, Charity's mom

1 - God hath not promised skies always blue, Flower strewn pathways all our lives through. God hath not promised sun without rain, Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

Chorus: But God HATH promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, Grace for all trials, help from above, Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

2 - God hath not promised we shall not know, Trial & temptation, trouble & woe. God hath not promised we shall not bear, Many a burden, many a care.

But God HATH promised...(chorus)

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Hey Marissa!!! Just got back from being out of town for the week. We would love to come and see you sometime this weekend. I will call your dad and try to set up a time. We are praying for you!!!!
The Bradshaws

marissa finch said...

thank you all for your encouragement!