Monday, July 27, 2009

I Made It!


10 looooong weeks but I did it! I couldn't have done it without several things though..
1) everyone's prayers
2) my encouraging parents and boyfriend
3) the incredible group of girls i was placed with

I have made so many friends this summer and had such a blast even while working very hard. The girls are closet nerds just like me that love to slip nursing/medical terms into everyday conversation...we have a blast just talking to each other!

I was very encouraged by my instructors' comments to me during my final evaluations...they had both talked about me during a meeting together and told me that they knew i was going to be a great nurse and would not be a floor nurse for very long (meaning that they think i will excel quickly to a more specialized area). It almost brought me to tears because there were several times during this summer that i just wasnt sure if nursing was for me...between the paperwork (which i know every job has) and the new ways i had to learn to apply information and the emotional pull that i felt to each of my patients when i had to leave them last week...i just wasn't sure. But hearing those things from my instructors made me realize that i can not only do it, but i can be great at what i do if i keep working hard.

i ended the semester with two B's, an A and an A- (believe it or not the A's were in my nursing classes!) I don't mean to brag but i AM proud of myself :) My goal was just to pass with C's but all it took was a little time management and a significant slice out of my social life! haha

Wednesday I will be moving home for awhile until fall semester starts. I have another surgery on August 3rd. Please pray for a quick recovery as I am a bit nervous about this one. Once they remove the 11cm plate from my ankle i will have 6 holes in my very small fibula all very close together...i guess my biggest fear is that all the recovery i have had over the last 3 months will feel wasted and that ill need to be back on my crutches for a bit...my ankle has felt so good the past few months and im just not looking forward to the pain returning.

Well today is my first monday without class in awhile so OF COURSE im going to the mall with one of my friends :)

3 comments:

Dee said...

God is sooooo good!!

Charity said...

Congrats, Marissa! I knew you would not only pass, but kick some booty along the way. :) We'll be praying for your surgery / recovery in August.

Anonymous said...

go girl!! I am really proud of you...and not the least bit surprised! may the great Physician give peace. JR