Monday, March 16, 2009

Post - Surgery #3

Well 11 hours ago I went into my 3rd surgery...woke up around 1:30...and left the hospital feeling great!  My mom and I went immediately to McDonald's where I got a double cheesburger, fries, and a choc. milkshake (and ate it in about 5 minutes!)  Then came home and had about a 3 hour nap!

I have been walking a bit with the crutches and my boot...the pain is very minimal and it is so much fun to "pretend" walk!  My goal is to be off the crutches by my birthday, March 28th.  I want to go out on a birthday date with chris with no crutches so I can actually hold his hand while we walk and people don't look at us like my big brother is taking his handicap sister out..haha

I'm looking forward to trying a little more everyday and uncovering my ankle tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me the last few months!

3 comments:

JanAl said...

Yay! I am so glad to hear that everything went well! I will continue to pray for a quick healing.

~~anna~~ said...

Wow! I'll be praying that you hit your goal on March 28th!

Charity said...

ooohhh, the cheeseburger, fried, milkshake and NAP sound great!!! Oh yeah, and I guess that's pretty good news about your ankle, too. :)