Sunday, March 25, 2007

The only good mice are the Cinderella ones....

It all started about a week ago...

I was laying in bed and i heard scratching/chewing/running noises. I think to myself, "just another mouse....set a trap and go back to bed"....so....I do just that. Two nights later, i realize...there is no more noise....i check the trap...empty

So, now I'm thinking, "sweet...no more mouse." HA

Of course not!

Two days ago, i began to smell a faint smell of something dead...now...i have smelled this same smell before...dead mouse

no big deal right....find it, throw it out, and spray some air freshener.

no, no, no, no, no

The stupid mouse has died, yes....but INSIDE the wall behind my door

Fabulous, eh?

11 comments:

Jen said...

wat's worse...dead mouse in ur wall or thousands of dead lady bugs in ur room?? I don't even know:)

marissa finch said...

mouse

not too many ppl are afraid of lady bugs like you jen:)

Zach said...

lol - i did get a goood chuckle out of your posts.

Anonymous said...

by the way, you were LYING in bed. just wanted to clear that up.

and yes, we are so familiar around here with "dead mouse smell", yet we'll never get used to it. how in the world do they get into some of the places they do?!

i have to say i'm glad it was in your room instead of in ours :p

and jen, you ARE a big chicken when it comes to bugs......

Zach said...

oh and responding to your post. . .

the dead mouse in your wall seems to be a bit unfortunate . . . and i must say that i've never experienced the same situation - lol

...but before we moved to town and when we were renovating our house, after being rented by digusting "white trash" for 25 yrs we found squirrels living inbetween the walls and birds living/nesting in our attic... haha - it was interesting/fun trying to chase everything out and to hear my mom scream when she saw or came in contact with one of the animals.

Jones said...

Better a mouse than a raccoon. I had one stuck in the first floor ceiling of my dad's house. Of course my bedroom is on the second floor so it was running around beneath my feet. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it now that I think about it...

Charity said...

I don't know. . . if Gus or Jack (I think those are their names) had died in your wall, it would still smell pretty bad - although you might have been able to get them to sew you a nice prom dress before their demise.

Anonymous said...

i tell ya, it STILL stinks up there. i wish we had a better solution than waiting until the carcass completely decomposes....i don't know how you sleep at night.

Anonymous said...

yeah, a prom dress would be nice...(cough cough mother)

Anonymous said...

oh, i didn't realize you wanted me to MAKE you one.....

we'd better get started!

marissa finch said...

ha ha ha...

considering you havent touched a sewing machine in how many years?...

no thanks